Unlock extra floors and Monsters on the demo

General discussion about Chasm.
alef321
Supporter
Supporter

Unlock extra floors and Monsters on the demo

Post by alef321 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:16 am

ok I opened the config.ini and deactivated the boss so i could try it a lil more

Oh man those eyesball monsters are annoying as hell if you think the bats were bad

the ogre mini boss /big monster is pretty cool , I hope discord use them to protect actual ''Rainbow'' item chests

I dont get the ''need sacrifice to growth'' thingy and book of blades doesn't grow damage with any of your stats, its always 1 damage

if you guys wanna try for yourselfs just open config.ini and change BossEneable=1 to 0 :arrow: beware game will crash when you reach floor 6

what you will see
:arrow: big ogre
:arrow: flying eyeballs

sorry if this was already posted :oops:

TobiasAmaranth
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Unlock extra floors and Monsters on the demo

Post by TobiasAmaranth » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:57 pm

Pffff, novice retro-gamer! (;3) I figured out the altars after having noticed that the shrines and fountains worked. That meant the altar had to do something. I threw a gem at it by entering the menu and dropping an item. +1 LCK :)

Potions - +3 Mana
Food - +? Health (Haven't done it yet)
Weapons - +1 Strength
Armor/Rings - +1 Constitution
Spell Books - +1 Intellect
Gems - +1 Luck

The lack of stat effect to Book of Blades in the demo is saddening but not a huge deal.

Eyeball monsters splat as easily as the rats and only ever dealt me 1 damage.

Trolls are pretty awesome the first time you see them, though they need to be way more threatening. They hurt me as much as spikes, then died.

poe
Supporter
Supporter

Post by poe » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:03 pm

TobiasAmaranth wrote:Pffff, novice retro-gamer! (;3) I figured out the altars after having noticed that the shrines and fountains worked. That meant the altar had to do something. I threw a gem at it by entering the menu and dropping an item. +1 LCK :)

Potions - +3 Mana
Food - +? Health (Haven't done it yet)
Weapons - +1 Strength
Armor/Rings - +1 Constitution
Spell Books - +1 Intellect
Gems - +1 Luck

The lack of stat effect to Book of Blades in the demo is saddening but not a huge deal.

Eyeball monsters splat as easily as the rats and only ever dealt me 1 damage.

Trolls are pretty awesome the first time you see them, though they need to be way more threatening. They hurt me as much as spikes, then died.
Hey, consider helping out on the wiki? http://discordgames.com/Games/Chasm/Wik ... =Main_Page

TobiasAmaranth
Supporter
Supporter

Post by TobiasAmaranth » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:16 pm

To be honest, I've never really messed with Wiki edits before. ^_^;

The main mod here said that the item's value or number may have an effect on the stat gain, so I plan on experimenting a bit more. I'll edit my post if I learn anything new. Maybe throw 5 potions of health at it next time.

poe
Supporter
Supporter

Post by poe » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:53 pm

Well feel free to tinker with the wiki, because you have some very thorough information!

TobiasAmaranth
Supporter
Supporter

Post by TobiasAmaranth » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:50 am

Item quantity seems to have no effect. Item value, however, does. To some extent. I tossed a plate mail (value 1000) into the altar and got +2 CON rather than just +1. Maybe my stack of 6 health potions didn't bring its combined value up high enough to grant me a double bonus? More experimentation is required. :)

DarkLordSen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by DarkLordSen » Wed May 08, 2013 3:07 am

I tried putting BossEnabled=0 and it still generated a boss... is there something else I need to change or do? I really wanna see those floors :mrgreen:

TobiasAmaranth
Supporter
Supporter

Post by TobiasAmaranth » Wed May 08, 2013 4:32 am

Doesn't work for hardcore. Should work otherwise, though. (Probably doesn't work for Time Attack either, that would be silly as it is :P)

Rabble
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Rabble » Wed May 08, 2013 10:01 pm

What floor was it supposed to crash on? Because I'm on floor 11 at the moment! Better make that 12!

DarkLordSen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by DarkLordSen » Wed May 08, 2013 11:08 pm

Yah I've managed to get to the 12th or 13th floor... I don't know why others crashed... game ran fine for me