Map seed: FFFFFFFF Impossible route in Temple

General discussion about Chasm.
Shmoolord

Map seed: FFFFFFFF Impossible route in Temple

Post by Shmoolord » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:06 am

I would love to post this in the bug forum, but the bug link seems to be for playtesters only, and the whole bug forum seems to be on lockdown for new topics.

System: Ps4
The Temple map is impossible to finish in this map seed, as you cannot get to the artifact, and there is no way to deactivate the second or third power blocks. Also the plaque rooms are incorrectly placed as a box loads in out of bounds in the first, and the second plaque room is inaccessible with no door in the room and you load in to the top of the room. (I could see my dust kick up at the top of the screen from the slide move)

James
Developer
Developer

Re: Map seed: FFFFFFFF Impossible route in Temple

Post by James » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:47 pm

That's really strange, first we've heard of this problem. I'll check out your seed and see what's going on. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Shmoolord

Post by Shmoolord » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:26 pm

Here is a video of my Temple area. (Late game stuff, so spoiler warning for anyone walking in. TY)
I start at the entrance of the temple and work my way around and hit every room. I tend to be thorough when exploring, I've checked all other doors and wall for secret things before. If there is a solution I can't find it. At 2:30 in the video is when I enter the really glitched out plaque room. Then I had to use what I think is an exploit to get out of the pit with out x2 jump. I can only deactivate lvl. 1 lasers, and that is it. I circle back around.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/292335068

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:36 pm

Thanks for the video! Was that the first time you entered the Temple? It doesn't look like you had the flip but you should have had to before you went through the first gate.

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:43 pm

Also sorry about the permissions in the bug forum, hopefully its fixed now. Let me know if you can create a topic there now.

Shmoolord

Post by Shmoolord » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:52 pm

That video was not the first time I've entered the temple, I was able to get to the level 1 block, but that just opens up a path back to the center room with the warp. I'm sorry but I'm not sure what the flip is before the first gate. I went back again to double (read: quintuple) check. Without giving up spoiler info, I have the "key" to the temple, and the text decoder. I've completed every other quest and area up to this point. I am only missing one townfolk "princess".

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:10 pm

You shouldn't have been able to reach the level 1 block like you did without getting another powerup first, you basically sequence broke :D Your layout must be messed up, which is why that room is also glitched. We are looking into fixing the problem ASAP

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:11 am

One other question for you - did you create your game on Vita and then cross save to PS4?

Lailoken
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Lailoken » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:55 am

I am really impressed you made it to temple and disconnected a cube all without the flip! I love sequence breaking in games.

To that end, James have you guys considered letting the parachute reset on wall grab like the flip does? Kinda makes me think of Metroid bomb climbing.

Shmoolord

Post by Shmoolord » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:08 am

Oh! Well awesome. Lol Thank you guys for you help, you all are amazing.
Also the new topic option is back in bug posts.