PSVita | PS4 Cross-Buy also Cross-Save?

General discussion about Chasm.
cativerio

PSVita | PS4 Cross-Buy also Cross-Save?

Post by cativerio » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:50 am

Hi,

I'm pretty pumped for Chasm, but still don't know which platform I'm going to get it for. I just found out, that Chasm supports cross-buy on PSN, so I can play it on the Vita and for no additional cost on the PS4.

Now what I do not know is if can play on my Vita, pause and later continue on my PS4.

Does Chasm also support the PSN cross-save feature?

Thanks,

Daniel

James
Developer
Developer

Re: PSVita | PS4 Cross-Buy also Cross-Save?

Post by James » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:28 pm

Hey Daniel! Yes, we are supporting both cross-buy and cross-save for PS4/Vita.

cativerio

Post by cativerio » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:22 am

Hi James. Thanks so much for the info. I finally know what platform I'll get Chasm for! Have a nice weekend.

Kavas

Post by Kavas » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:44 pm

Hi,

I am trying to load up my game on PS Vita. I started on PS4 and put a few hours in. When I log into the Vita, it says it cannot find the save. I manually uploaded to ps cloud my save file on the ps4, so I am not sure what's up.

Rumor circulating is that you can go from Vita to ps4, but not ps4 to Vita, so clarification would be great!

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:15 pm

That was the case, but a patch was just released on Vita to fix that (1.02b). It should be out worldwide any moment. Sorry for the inconvenience!

cativerio

Post by cativerio » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:10 am

Hi there,

unfortunatly this doesn't work either way. I put a few hours into the game on the Vita. Today I downloaded Chasm onto my PS4 an when trying to download the save files on the PS4 it said, that there weren't any files. Which is funny, because it showed the trophies I already got. So I checked the Chasm version on the Vita and it is 1.02a. So I re-uploaded my save files, but still nothing. Is this a know bug? I really tried everything.

Thanks,

Daniel

Shmoolord

Post by Shmoolord » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:12 am

Update the vita to 1.02b. Should solve the issue.

cativerio

Post by cativerio » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:11 am

I updated both versions to 1.03 and still the PS4 tells me, that ther are no Saves available. Yes both consoles are running my account, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to download Chasm onto my PS4. It feels like the Vita is uploading to a separate cloud, than the PS4 is accessing.

Update : I started a new game on the Vita - uploaded it to the PSN cloud but still no saves to be found on the PS4. Then started a game on the PS4, uploaded the saves, same result. Are you really sure, that this feature has ever worked? And to all of you, claiming this feature works on your consoles - is there a way to interconnect the consoles in a way that is supersecret? I mean, why does the Vita show 1GB of cloudspace, whilst the PS4 show 10GB?

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:02 pm

Are you selecting an empty profile slot on the other console and selecting Download?

cativerio

Post by cativerio » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:39 pm

I'm sorry, I don't understand your question. Which console do you mean by "the other console"? Also what kind of "profiles" are we talking about? I'll try to elaborate:
I started a game on the Vita and have since played only on the Vita. The PS4 Version hasn't even created a savegame of its own. So I updated both version (Vita and PS4) to 1.03. Then I opened the Vita Cloudsave Menu and selected "Upload" and did so. I started the PS4 and pressed the Options Button and selected Download Cloud Savegames (or whatever it's called, my PS4's default language is German). The system can't find any savegames. Now before you ask : I tried EVERYTHING. I started a new game on the Vita, uploaded the savegames - nothing. Started a new game on the PS4, uploaded the savegames - nothing to be found when trying to download cloud savegames on the Vita.