Latest build for backers

General discussion about Chasm.
handsomefatman
Supporter
Supporter

Latest build for backers

Post by handsomefatman » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:10 pm

Hello all. I posted a while back about an old build of Chasm, including some long-winded feedback because I have an ego.

Is there a newer build for backers? Because I'm definitely game to play Chasm and provide more feedback, partly because of said ego.
http://AnimeRave.xyz — The best anime review/reaction show on the internet!

James
Developer
Developer

Re: Latest build for backers

Post by James » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:19 pm

Your ego will be welcome to play the Beta once it arrives :) Looking like it will be early summer, we're planning on starting it once we wrap things up and get it into certification since there will be a long delay between there and launch.

handsomefatman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by handsomefatman » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:20 pm

A bajillion thank yous for the response! Looking forward to the beta.

Nemomon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Nemomon » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:08 am

Now the question is what exactly for Bit Kid "summer" means.. xD

handsomefatman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by handsomefatman » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:59 am

Nemomon wrote:Now the question is what exactly for Bit Kid "summer" means.. xD
Now now...

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:59 pm

Nemomon wrote:Now the question is what exactly for Bit Kid "summer" means.. xD
Some time between June and August :P

Itzsfo0

Post by Itzsfo0 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:09 pm

Hi I am new to bitkid website (just registered) so I could use these forums the names Mike....I had no clue that Bit Kid (your studio) is located in Maryland. I have lived in Maryland my entire life (35 years). I live in Harford County, Maryland (Northern Maryland, about an hour outside Baltimore City.) I'm on the PA/MD line (Mason-Dixon) so its country up here. I'm close to a town called Bel Air. I'm a life long gamer (had no clue any developers I had respect for were in the local area). I've been gaming for nearly 30 years...anyway I have been long-interested in Chasm (not so much extensively searching for info about it) years have gone by and games just go to the back of your head...lol but I've always had a passing interest in the title...I played the demo at a local Best Buy a few years back..and when there was no info (years went by) I had no clue where that "game I once played at a demo booth at Best Buy was" I tracked down your site....and up-to-date-info...now in mid-2018 here we are and you guys are nearing completion & launch...I am prob not the first one to rant about this but boy am I excited...I wasn't an early backer...though I would of glady backed it, or supported it (or help promote it via social media ..FB, Youtube, etc.) But its good to know you guys are nearing the finale...naturally I'll be able to support/back your game soon enough :) But the reason for my visit/account activation/post is (its probably a bit off-topic) but I know the game is coming to the PS4/Vita and PC / (win/mac, etc) but are any other devices planned for future release possibly ? I dont wanna hound anyone over it...but seeing how successful the Nintendo Switch is (and seeing all the indies doing so well on the Switch)...games like Hyper Light Drifter and Dead Cells are coming to the Switch, and right now fans are enjoying Celeste as well as Bloodstained Curse of the Moon, as well as ports like Axiom Verge, and Cave Story+, I personally have put 550 hours into The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ (I got the physical copy / original brown cover of the game at Toys R Us, after searching for it - at numerous stores for weeks...that original print cover comes with the 2 packs of stickers + golden game manual (a throwback to the classic era of NES gaming like the original The Legend of Zelda) I know Edmund McMillen & publisher Nicalis like to pack their physical games w/ additional goodies. Isaac is the perfect game for me...the RNG (Procedurally generated content) & permadeath keeps me coming back 2,200 room combinations, 90+ bosses, 130+ bestiary, 375 achievements/secrets, 15 unlockable characters, 545 items (all with their own syngeries and most items stack) making some crazy combos (almost an infinite possibilities) some runs are OP, and some runs are ...meh, wanna restart. I like that kind of game (isometric RNG dungeon crawler) like a mix of Diablo 2 and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. It's probably the same reason I enjoyed the Chasm demo so much (granted I haven't spent nearly the amount of time with your game) but I am eagerly anticipated for it (along with a few other titles this year including Team Cherry's Hollow Knight which is also nearing its completion & polishing for the Switch release/port.) Dead Cells, among a few others I cant wait for (and the recent news of Hyper Light Drifter coming to the switch w/ exclusive content is a nice nice thing). Now all we need is Chasm (and the upcoming title: Ghost Song coming from Matt White / Old Moon Games in Columbus, Ohio...another game that looks amazing, a metroidvania w/ that eerie/haunting, mesmerizing feel...a giant lonely world...crash landing, very Aliens...Axiom Verge/Metroid feel.

I've ranted enough hope your guys eyes aren't bleeding...but I always liked the metroidvania style...and larger open interconnected 2D worlds....(like Hollow Knight, Rain World, Xeodrifter, among others -for me the bigger, and the more randomized content...adding extensive replay value...is just that awesome, I mean I love Isaac...I know Chasm is different in design...but I like a meat n potatoes type game...with alot of depth despite the simplistic retro-aesthetic). So this game will be right down my alley, and it could only get BETTER from the 2014 demo I played. So 4 years I've waited...(I'm older so I have patience, I never bitched about it) I just wondered from time to time (without actually doing any research) like "hm...wonder if that game is still alive" lol. Just every now and then...well now here we are...final stretch...I should of discovered & came to this site awhile back...to satiate my needs...I like your guys games, and your site...you all seem like a friendly group of guys...wish I could of helped more in some way with this game. But I am glad its come this far, and its one of the main games on my eye-now thats on the horizon.

2018 is seeming to be a great year for indie releases. both new & ports.

PS oh yea, and please bring title to the Switch. I have other devices too (PS4 Pro, N3DSXL, Wii U, X360, PC, Switch)

But considering I travel alot for work and love my switch (It sits just 2 feet from where I lay my head, sits in sleep mode, only takes 2 secs to launch it, bare-bones UI...jump into Isaac or Tiny Barbarian DX in a matter of seconds, gaming it up...love it. I've put 700 hours on my Switch just in the past 7 months. And I have other titles I want still yet, I imagine I hope at some p oint in late 2018/early 2019 I'll be seeing maybe a port on the Switch if at the very least some "info" but I realize it could take alot longer...if ever, and if not I can get it on the PS4. Its just RNG + mobility + replay value = go quite good together.

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:20 am

Hey Mike, glad you found us! That's cool to hear you're local. I know where Bel Air is, I have a friend that lives over that way.

It's been a long journey for sure. This is our first "big" game, so it was a massive learning curve to say the least. Regarding the other platforms, unfortunately we don't have any news on them for now. We're a small team with few resources, so reaching multiple platforms for launch becomes very difficult. Luckily, the framework our game uses runs natively on PS4, so its always been a no brainer for us. We do want to land on everything eventually though, so please stayed tuned.