Question - Release vs Last Alpha

General discussion about Chasm.
Shamshiel
Supporter
Supporter

Question - Release vs Last Alpha

Post by Shamshiel » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:11 am

Hey James,

I have a question about the content that will be available in the release build. A couple of weeks ago I finally had the time to play the last alpha build and it was awesome. After I finished the alpha I was a little bit concerned about some things. I hope you can answer some of my questions. I hope I'm not alone with my thoughts. :lol:

In my opinion the alpha is too easy even in hardcore mode. Will the release be more difficult in general or will the content after the alpha get more difficult?

How many different weapons and magic spells are planned for the release build?

How long will the game be in comparison to the alpha? I approached the last alpha build really slow and I still finished it in 1 hour and 30 minutes with 99% explored. How much bigger will the final release be and what game length in hours are you aiming at while developing?

I'm looking forward to your answers. :)

James
Developer
Developer

Re: Question - Release vs Last Alpha

Post by James » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:57 am

Yea, it will probably be balanced to be a bit more challenging than the last version of the Alpha. We haven't spent a great deal of time fine-tuning the exp rates, player stats, enemy stats, etc. so it should feel better on release.

I'm not sure exactly how many weapons there are, but there's a lot. Only a tiny amount were available in the Alpha. Spells have changed a bit since you played, there will be fewer than originally planned now, but they will also be used as tools and (possibly) upgradeable.

Not sure on the final length yet, but we're shooting for somewhere in the 6-10 hour range.

Shamshiel
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Shamshiel » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:57 pm

Thank you for your answer. I'm glad to hear that it will be a little bit more challenging.
Your game will be awesome! I already love the alpha and I think the full release will blow me away. :lol:

linda001

Post by linda001 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:56 am

Shamshiel wrote:Thank you for your answer. I'm glad to hear that it will be a little bit more challenging.
Your game will be awesome! I already love the alpha and I think the full release will blow me away. :lol:
Do not blow away dear. Stay with us.