Am I missing something in the catacombs?

General discussion about Chasm.
cakes
Supporter
Supporter

Am I missing something in the catacombs?

Post by cakes » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:09 am

The code for the lever. Am I really this dense? I've been all around the catacombs.

Nemomon
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Am I missing something in the catacombs?

Post by Nemomon » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:24 am

Spoiler:

Look at the artwork in the rooms: the number of swords, the number of stars, the number of cups. I have no idea what the fourth means, I always am guessing it randomly.

/Spoiler

Laru
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Laru » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:42 am

I would post on the fourth code answer but I can't get the spoiler feature to work.

Nemomon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Nemomon » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:48 am

Laru wrote:I would post on the fourth code answer but I can't get the spoiler feature to work.
Use the [*color=transparent]TEXT[/color] without the asterisk.

marak
Supporter
Supporter

Post by marak » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:44 pm

Spoiler lite:

There's a path from deep in the Catacombs that takes you back to the Mines, to a small room that contains the last of the one-way gates (you know, closed gate with a pressure plate behind it). The final clue is on the body next to the gate-opening pressure plate.

Blitz7737
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Blitz7737 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:26 pm

marak wrote:Spoiler lite:

There's a path from deep in the Catacombs that takes you back to the Mines, to a small room that contains the last of the one-way gates (you know, closed gate with a pressure plate behind it). The final clue is on the body next to the gate-opening pressure plate.
Interesting. I always just guessed at that one until I got it right. :roll:

Nemomon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Nemomon » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:56 pm

marak wrote:Spoiler lite:

Could You printscren that room with closed gates? Or that human body? I played Chasm over 28h, and I have no idea about what path, and room You are talking about.. :(.

I have never encountered in the Catacombs any room that takes back to the Mines. Only I fund a room that allows encountering the Garden. But seems You aren't talking about Gardens.

marak
Supporter
Supporter

Post by marak » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:20 pm

Remember that room in the mines, with the BIG pool of water? The one with the "air bubble" half way through? Well, if you ignore the water and go down and left, there's a room with a gate you can't open because the button is behind said grate, along with a skeleton and a Transition Room Door.

That's where the 4th clue is, on that skeleton. Somewhere in the catacombs is a transition room that will pop you back out into the mines, into that area with the skeleton and pressure plate to open the "water room gate".

Basically, if you haven't found the 4th clue, it's because you're missing a Transition Room somewhere. Given the rather sprawling nature of the catacombs, this is actually really easy to do, and even I have had trouble finding it on some runs (and this is while knowing what I was looking for!).

Nemomon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Nemomon » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:47 pm

Yeah, I know about which room You are talking about. I used it a couple of times as a shortcut to the campfire. Hmm... perhaps I missed that clue, because in my current runs I'm generally ignoring the skeletons...

I will check again that room.

Thanks! :)

cakes
Supporter
Supporter

Post by cakes » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:07 pm

Thanks everyone.