How Did You Discover Chasm?

General discussion about Chasm.
Slippery_Udder
Supporter
Supporter

How Did You Discover Chasm?

Post by Slippery_Udder » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:20 pm

I found out about Chasm through a post on reddit.com/r/indiegaming.

James
Developer
Developer

Re: How Did You Discover Chasm?

Post by James » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:30 pm

Nice! Which one?

I actually kinda stopped posting there after they imposed the new anti-self promotion rules. There's been articles and stuff I'd like to post but I don't really reddit regularly and comment like they want.

Nemomon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Nemomon » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:36 pm

I'm a DeviantArt user and one day I seen the Chasm's poster. The author said that it is a poster of a game; I quite do liked the poster, so I have entered Discord's website. Noticed the gameplay, and that it looks quite great. And that's all. I'm not buying games, and most often I'm not playing games. Except Solitaire and Spider Solitaire... I'm more of a handhelds player than PC. And I really hate 3D...

But several months later I bumped into the Chasm poster again... And this time I even downloaded the demo. But then again, I'm not buying games... so it was a nice demo, and that's all.

I have mentioned a couple of times to my friends about this game... but somehow it was bugging me, so all in all I decided to buy it.

So it only was the poster that brought me to this place ;).

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:40 pm

Haha, that's so cool! Gilang's work is amazing, so I'm very happy you found us that way :)

Nemomon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Nemomon » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:46 pm

Indeed, it is really a nice piece of artwork! :)

If someone wants, there's a link to it: http://alchemaniac.deviantart.com/art/Chasm-434013502

inclining
Supporter
Supporter

Post by inclining » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:26 pm

James wrote:Gilang's work is amazing, so I'm very happy you found us that way :)
I'm curious, how did Discord find Gilang? How did that collaboration come about?

For my part, I actually don't know how I heard about Chasm! I checked, and I backed it on Kickstarter on day 1 (12 Apr 2013), but I can't figure out how I knew about it. Most likely, someone I follow on Twitter mentioned it, since I follow a lot of people who are into games.
Visit Chasm on Reddit! http://www.reddit.com/r/chasm/

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:58 pm

inclining wrote:
James wrote:Gilang's work is amazing, so I'm very happy you found us that way :)
I'm curious, how did Discord find Gilang? How did that collaboration come about?.
Not easily! Spent two or three days going through portfolios on art sites, and was starting to feel defeated. I somehow ended up randomly browsing through the Twitter feed of a potential candidate when I saw he retweeted a piece by Gilang. I backtracked from his Twitter to his Deviant Art and was immediately sold :)

Nemomon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Nemomon » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:35 pm

Hehe, so Gilang's DeviantArt sold him to me and to You James :D

daft inquisitor
Supporter
Supporter

Post by daft inquisitor » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:21 am

I found it via the Humble Store. Just one of those serendipity things, since I haven't seen anything about Chasm since. But I'm so hyped for the game, i'm glad I found it. :D

ssg_K
Supporter
Supporter

Post by ssg_K » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:55 am

I was literally searching for "metroidvania games," as I had played all the ones I liked numerous times and was in search of another. Not sure if my response really counts as I was specifically looking for a RPG/Action/Platformer that I had not played previous and google (over prior searches and multiple links) brought me here.