I just have to say...

General discussion about Chasm.
xeoneex
Supporter
Supporter

I just have to say...

Post by xeoneex » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:40 pm

...this game feels so SNES. You guys NAILED this. I absolutely am loving this. The visuals, the sounds, the mechanics so far are awesome. Has a very nostalgic feel to it. I just can't wait for the full game. A few minor nitpicks maybe it's just my luck but so far I have yet to find any type of merchant selling weapons/armor. I don't know if i'm suppose to find it down below but I can't find anything. In the pre-alpha, or whatever the demo you had way back when was, I was able to purchase weapons and whatnot. Now I can't even seem to find anything at all but ingredients for potions, yet no actual recipes for potions. Again maybe just my luck but was hoping to find something.

James
Developer
Developer

Re: I just have to say...

Post by James » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:19 pm

You will unlock the Blacksmith after you get the elevator running again, and there's also a traveling merchant that can sometimes show up in campfire rooms :)

And thanks! Still got a ways to go, but it's coming together!

inclining
Supporter
Supporter

Post by inclining » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:07 pm

xeoneex wrote:...this game feels so SNES. You guys NAILED this. I absolutely am loving this. The visuals, the sounds, the mechanics so far are awesome. Has a very nostalgic feel to it. I just can't wait for the full game.
Totally agreed! :D Welcome to the forums!
xeoneex wrote:A few minor nitpicks maybe it's just my luck but so far I have yet to find any type of merchant selling weapons/armor. I don't know if i'm suppose to find it down below but I can't find anything. In the pre-alpha, or whatever the demo you had way back when was, I was able to purchase weapons and whatnot. Now I can't even seem to find anything at all but ingredients for potions, yet no actual recipes for potions. Again maybe just my luck but was hoping to find something.
If you're running the alpha, be sure to enable supporter permissions on your forum account. There's a dev forum for backers where people are actively discussing the alpha builds! Instructions in this thread.
Visit Chasm on Reddit! http://www.reddit.com/r/chasm/

xeoneex
Supporter
Supporter

Post by xeoneex » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:59 pm

James wrote:You will unlock the Blacksmith after you get the elevator running again, and there's also a traveling merchant that can sometimes show up in campfire rooms :)

And thanks! Still got a ways to go, but it's coming together!
Had a few minor odd bugs pop up this evening. One was while I did encounter the weird old man at a camp site I wasn't able to talk to him the first time. No up indicator appeared, the rest of the times I saw him I was able to. I don't know. Second bug was a glitch on the map. I was checking the map right after I went into another room and the marker showing your location was in a different spot than it should have been. Only happened once though.

xeoneex
Supporter
Supporter

Post by xeoneex » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:01 pm

Oh, I don't seem to have permission for the alpha forum.

xeoneex
Supporter
Supporter

Post by xeoneex » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:01 am

I have a question, can I stream on Twitch or is this not to be shown yet?

xeoneex
Supporter
Supporter

Post by xeoneex » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:06 am

Another thing I find ackward is swimming. Very hard to do.

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:06 am

Yep, you can stream on Twtich. You have to visit that link above to see how to activate the Alpha forum access. If you backed via Humble there's just a link you have to click.

xeoneex
Supporter
Supporter

Post by xeoneex » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:44 am

No I was kickstarter. I used the same email address as the Kickstarter, still no access to alpha forums.

EDIT: nevermind I'm an idiot I checked the thread you gave me but didn't read the middle part, only the humble bundle part :P. I have access now thank you.

alef321
Supporter
Supporter

Post by alef321 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:33 pm

My mind exploded when I got this!
everytime I get back on Chasm to check the updates, my grin gets bigger! :P
Attachments
DIE MONSTER.
DIE MONSTER.
2014-12-03_00002.jpg (167.27 KiB) Viewed 6066 times