Please help, The Dark Room and...

General discussion about Chasm.
sunil49ers
Supporter
Supporter

Please help, The Dark Room and...

Post by sunil49ers » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:49 am

I had a couple of questions:

1. The room that is dark and you cant see anything. What is it for? Is there an item in there that I missed?
2. Within the levels we have access to, are there a couple of places in the Alpha so far that I can't access because i need another ability such as a double jump?
3. I played through the Alpha twice. I noticed the second time that the layout of the levels were different. Is that whats supposed to happen? I think it was awesome and help create replay value.
4. When you sacrifice a certain amount of ESS at an altar(500, 1000, or 2500) will it always give you the same item for the same amount at the same altar? Or, is it random?

Thank you kindly to those who help answer any of these questions.

Xendhaius
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Please help, The Dark Room and...

Post by Xendhaius » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:18 pm

sunil49ers wrote:I had a couple of questions:

1. The room that is dark and you cant see anything. What is it for? Is there an item in there that I missed?
2. Within the levels we have access to, are there a couple of places in the Alpha so far that I can't access because i need another ability such as a double jump?
3. I played through the Alpha twice. I noticed the second time that the layout of the levels were different. Is that whats supposed to happen? I think it was awesome and help create replay value.
4. When you sacrifice a certain amount of ESS at an altar(500, 1000, or 2500) will it always give you the same item for the same amount at the same altar? Or, is it random?

Thank you kindly to those who help answer any of these questions.
1. Yes, there's a chest in the room. You need the Lantern which isn't in the Alpha.

2. Yes, there are areas that require the Flip Jump. Also not in the Alpha.

3. That is intended and is the main selling point of the game. It's procedural generated so every play through is different and yes, it's awesome.

4. I've so far tested the 2,500 option several times with several altars, backing up my save beforehand and have found that the item is set for that play-through and will always be the same at the same altar. Though each play-through will have a different item.

Ex. Play-through 1 it will always be a Leather Whip, play-through 2 it will be Goggles. The rewards are set at character/seed creation just like shop inventories, crate drops, and chest loot.

I have not tested the 500 and 1,000 options to see if the items given are different than choosing 2,500. Though regardless if they are or not, they will work the same.

sunil49ers
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Please help, The Dark Room and...

Post by sunil49ers » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:38 pm

thank you for the thorough explanation to all my questions. Mysteries drive me nuts until I get answers, lol.