Kickstarter

General discussion about Chasm.
ThaPlague
Supporter
Supporter

Kickstarter

Post by ThaPlague » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:50 am

Game just went up and it's almost at $1000 already!! Great kickstarter page and I don't think your goal is too high. Already pledged and I am looking forward to seeing this game develop. I like how you did not have a $1 and $5 category as they are dumb and pointless in my opinion.

fawz
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Kickstarter

Post by fawz » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:07 am

Great job getting the page up and running so well and complete day 1. Hopefully you guys get some good coverage on the game to garner some attention because the Chasm is awesome and holds a lot of potential.

I did notice though that you only mention the Cave as the only area type. I'm sure I had read somewhere that there would be 6 in total.

demman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by demman » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:46 pm

I have not yet backed, but I will be doing soon. I do agree in a way about the amount they're asking for, but I think they can get it. Anyways, I usually have trust issues about the game actually being made, but I tested the demo for GDC, and already know it's a great game.

An idea I had(If you're reading this, discord), is a pledge level that allows the backer to be able to try out the game every few months or so to see how developing has gone along. Not sure if it's bad or not, but an idea nonetheless.

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:46 pm

Yea, I probably should have made the areas more clear >< I'll think about how we can highlight that better on the page.

If you guys have any more suggestions please let us know, always looking for improvements!

Edit: I've thought about having even earlier access, but was kinda concerned about it being leaked and people thinking it was finished product. Really bothers me not to have control over those type of things >< I'll keep thinking about it though.

demman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by demman » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:50 pm

discordgames wrote:Yea, I probably should have made the areas more clear >< I'll think about how we can highlight that better on the page.

If you guys have any more suggestions please let us know, always looking for improvements!

Edit: I've thought about having even earlier access, but was kinda concerned about it being leaked and people thinking it was finished product. Really bothers me not to have control over those type of things >< I'll keep thinking about it though.
Good point. It would be a pain if that did happen, and being on the internet, it probably would happen. Kids these days!

Anyways, another idea I had was giving people who helped test the GDC demo the full game for free. Great idea, am I right? ;)

Here's some good news from the site kicktraq.

Darn, doesn't show what it's trending towards. "Trending towards $185,101"

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:16 pm

Wow, yea we're definitely looking good! I just checked it out again and it said it was tracking for over 200k now :O

fawz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by fawz » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:12 pm

discordgames wrote:Yea, I probably should have made the areas more clear >< I'll think about how we can highlight that better on the page.

For introducing the 5 other biomes it would make for a perfect Kickstarter project update. Announcing a day 1 recap and that there are plans for more info along the Kickstarter would get talk going. Then having the 5 other areas revealed across the Kickstarter with a written description and hopefully artwork would create a form of excitement, discovery and make people let you know what they want to see which opens up incentives for stretch goals.

Also updating the main page accordingly would help.

BasBoss

Post by BasBoss » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:45 am

Hey Discord!

Just wanted to let u know that i have founded your project and spread the news like wildfire.

A word of advice. Try to get some of the larger gaming chanels on youtube to do a lets play of your demo. It worked out very well for showel knight.

Best of luck.

ShadowTiger
Supporter
Supporter

Post by ShadowTiger » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:14 am

How 'bout a splash screen before reaching the main menu that announces that it's a backer-only alpha/beta, and is incomplete? Even a tiny little logo on the corner of every screen that it's an alpha. Because games that make you log-in are needlessly complex, generally, and force more work on the Devs than necessary.

KevinS

Post by KevinS » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:06 pm

ShadowTiger wrote:How 'bout a splash screen before reaching the main menu that announces that it's a backer-only alpha/beta, and is incomplete? Even a tiny little logo on the corner of every screen that it's an alpha. Because games that make you log-in are needlessly complex, generally, and force more work on the Devs than necessary.
That's a really good idea! You could even have something like a watermark in bottom corner that says Alpha 1.4, or something like that. I think the earlier access the better, because it makes people more excited to play the final game. :D