Kickstarter

General discussion about Chasm.
Cheetah
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Kickstarter

Post by Cheetah » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:46 pm

Ah they are gone now, I'm sure the discord guys are just working out the kinks and working on a kickstarter update. No worries.

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:42 am

Sorry, the stretch goal rollout was just kinda a fuck up on my part haha.. I did do an official Update this afternoon, but it was a rush to get them out while we had eyes on the project.

marak, thanks man, appreciate that kinda dedication so much! Don't worry! We're in a REALLY good position being 80% funded just after halfway through the campaign. It really sucked when we hit that lull, but I'm hoping we'll pull out of it over the next few days and go well above and beyond our goal the final week. The demo update was a major distraction when we could have been promoting, but I'm hoping its all going to pay off ten fold at the end!

HowlingLotus
Supporter
Supporter

Post by HowlingLotus » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:36 am

marak wrote:I'm nervous for ya, I guess. You got a ton of money in a short burst but now things are really tapering off, it seems. :( Crossing my fingers that the next two weeks will net you some more exposure and monies.
From my short time on Kickstarter I've noticed a few trends. The popularity seems to peak at the beginning and at the end, but the middle portion of the campaign seems to slow down. It probably has multiple factors, but I think some people hold off on contributing until it gets closer to the goal.

Media Coverage seems to be pretty good for Chasm, but it's funding is lower then what I expected. I believe and have faith Discord can pull it off. I'll even double my pledge if I need to!

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:11 am

Thanks man! I really hope it won't come to that though :D

I think we'll build some momentum this week and be ready for an amazing final week. We need to hit that Roguelike mode stretch goal!

ThaPlague
Supporter
Supporter

Post by ThaPlague » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:48 am

This game will be easily funded and it sounds like Greenlight is just around the corner. ;) It seems like you made the right choice in updating the demo then pushing the campaign. Demos seem to be a gamble but even from the first build I could tell this was going to be a very polished and fun game. The stretch goals and demo fixes reflect that you care about the community and fan boys to soon follow. I am excited and hopeful for the stretch goals. My personal favorites are Crafting, Roguelike mode and New Game+. Roguelike mode sounds like an awesome idea. Go go stretch goals!!!

Zaxoth
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Zaxoth » Sun May 05, 2013 8:17 am

Six days to go, 92% funded. Jumped up 12% since I decided to back it when it had 12 days to go, so hopefully it makes it. Better if you could get some stretch goals, of course, but perhaps there could be an additional funding method after the Kickstarter succeeds (hopefully!) for the sake of reaching the stretch goals?

Dan

Post by Dan » Sun May 05, 2013 10:39 am

I still sincerely hope for it to reach just under 400'000$ and stop there, somehow. So that they would have no obligation toward the community to give them an additional mode; because that sounds too limiting, committing and stressful for them to do that and I would prefer if they could fully flesh out the main game and maybe the roguelike mode. :)
However, yeah, maybe they should start to think about some other funding method, but maybe it would be best to avoid Paypal...
Any ideas to garner more interest around Chasm? Could someone get some Internet personalities to play and spread the demo? Some good gaming news website to promote Chasm?

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Sun May 05, 2013 1:27 pm

Yea, we're trying that avenue now. We'll be on MAN vs GAMe at 4pm EST today. Besides that, been bugging every Youtube personality I can. I'm pretty sure no press will pick us up right now cause theyre going to run it anyway when its about over :/

marak
Supporter
Supporter

Post by marak » Sun May 05, 2013 8:24 pm

Wow, I was gone all afternoon... come home and check the Kickstarter page... and you guys jumped about 8k in 8 hours! Looks like funding is well in the bag and I gotta say... congrats and I can't wait for some real (non-mockup quick-throw-something-together-for-GDC) Chasm.

Zaxoth
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Zaxoth » Sun May 05, 2013 9:58 pm

Under 3k left to meet the goal. :)