Kickstarter

General discussion about Chasm.
Tuxedodin
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Kickstarter

Post by Tuxedodin » Sun May 05, 2013 10:10 pm

Great job at the stream, the moment when MAN first got the the wendigo was one of the greatest moments recorded in this game so far. :D But you were only aiming for 10 hours playtime in the full game? I've passed that mark long ago in the demo already. :lol:

But for some unknown reason i seem to be unable to recreate the find of the Hide Tunic at 2:18:30 in the stream, instead I've through multiple runs of the same seed MAN used; 7A97F1AF, only been able to find normal Cloth Tunics. This have been giving me a slight headache, so how come? And could someone else possibly see if they'll find a Hide Tunic?

Also you mentioned something along the lines of "super rare legendary mega ultra items". Would the Imperial Knife fall under this category at the moment (only found a single one ever), and maybe even the Elven Dagger (is that thing even in the game?!), and if so, which other items belong with these weapons, rarity wise?

Damn, wiki research is a pain at certain times... ;)
Still looking for the holy defense calculation algorithm...

marak
Supporter
Supporter

Post by marak » Sun May 05, 2013 10:21 pm

Zaxoth wrote:Under 3k left to meet the goal. :)
They went from needing to average about $2.2k per day for the last 6 days to needing to average less than $600 per day. I hope James and company are breathing some well-deserved sighs of relief.

Cheetah
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Cheetah » Sun May 05, 2013 11:19 pm

Congrats an the excellent marketing work James! Now comes an exciting push for stretch goals.

marak
Supporter
Supporter

Post by marak » Mon May 06, 2013 1:56 am

Congrats, guys! Just before 1 AM (CST), 5363 backers, exactly $150,000!

Now let's hope we can reach some stretch goals, eh? Crafting and Roguelike mode have me drooling, how about you guys?

*edit* and to think I started the day off by worrying about if you guys were gonna be able to keep up the $2.5k/day pace. How silly of me. ;)

Ianuarius

Post by Ianuarius » Mon May 06, 2013 2:50 am

Nice! Congratulations! 8-)

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Mon May 06, 2013 3:27 am

Thanks everyone!! We really appreciate you guys sticking with us since the beginning on this. I know the game will only grow from here, but I wanted to take the opportunity to thank all of you for helping get this community started. We've got an amazing group of people here, and I feel very lucky for it.

@Tuxedodin Sounds like you've been playing a lot :D That's really interesting. Are you playing on Windows or other OS? I think there could be a discrepancy in the random number generator. And yea, the Imperial Knife is one of the ones that has super low probability. There's also a couple swords we added that I have yet to see drop haha..

Zaxoth
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Zaxoth » Mon May 06, 2013 7:57 am

By the way, in regard to a part I saw in the latest update via Kickstarter about contacting Steam/Valve about securing keys, I don't think that should be a worry.

On their "About Greenlight" page, they guarantee that they will give as many keys as desired to devs for no cost.

ThaPlague
Supporter
Supporter

Post by ThaPlague » Mon May 06, 2013 10:54 am

Congrats on Kickstarter even though it doesn't come as a surprise. ;) Now 250K in 5 days for stretch goals, lets do this!! :mrgreen:

Cheetah
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Cheetah » Mon May 06, 2013 11:38 am

Just watched the Man vs Game twitch stream. That guy was great and it was an enjoyable interview and playthrough to watch. If he had known about rolling I feel his speed run would have been much better. He was a grand master bat slayer though, got those things every time. I will definitely watch his casts in the future.

TobiasAmaranth
Supporter
Supporter

Post by TobiasAmaranth » Mon May 06, 2013 5:31 pm

@James I got the Iron Sabre one time, so that's one of them.

Also, are you sure it's not related to player level when generating the next floor's chest's loot? That would explain why I can crash the game by leveling to level 12/13 and then entering a new floor regardless of what floor I'm proceeding to.