Kickstarter

General discussion about Chasm.
ThaPlague
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Kickstarter

Post by ThaPlague » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:01 pm

Grrrrr... Why can't this game be funded already so we can move on to stretch goals. I know it will be funded but I want that to happen sooner. Any news on the updated demo?

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:45 pm

Catching the ports up, then sending out email in a bit ;)

ThaPlague
Supporter
Supporter

Post by ThaPlague » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:43 am

Wow update looks awesome. New music fits even better and the updated art is amazing. You have been busy and I am SO EXCITED to play this. Keep up the great work and I am happy to be a involved in the Kickstarter.

Cheetah
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Cheetah » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:12 pm

I feel like the fact that you have a beta demo that you are working on during the kickstarter is a unique strength to your kickstarter approach. I would recommend having kickstarter events and funding goals based around beta demo updates. Such as having a vote for the next weapon or enemy type to be introduced, and updating the beta with this when the kickstarter reaches a certain money amount like $110,000. It could generate more interest, interaction, and people might do more word of mouth stuff since these are more proximal and immediate goals to work towards. It would mean more hardwork for your team now, but could have huge rewards and would be a community energizing activity. You could even have it so for every $10 you have pledge you get an additional vote, giving people another reason to increase their contribution.

I think many kickstarters make the mistake of not kicking things into high gear until the initial goal is met. By introducing stretch goals early and more community involvement you could build much more interest/money. The fact that Chasm is different every time you play through makes your demo much more meaningful. Playing it doesn't detract from the final game (such as spoilers or redoing portions), and has huge replayability on it's own.

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:34 am

I'd love to do more, but this update just killed us. It was literally around the clock work by 3 of us for a week straight. I think we're all pretty much dead now, and I really need to focus on promoting now for the 2nd half of the campaign.

Thanks a bunch for the kind words ThaPlague :D

dafzuka
Supporter
Supporter

Post by dafzuka » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:24 pm

I'll be spreading the word on Facebook and G+. I was going to back the game anyway, but when I saw you're from b-more I HAD to. I'm from PG County but living down in St Mary's now. I'm rooting for you guys! This game is going to be amazing.

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:30 pm

Thanks man! We're out in Owings Mills right now :D

marak
Supporter
Supporter

Post by marak » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:09 pm

So... I wonder what else can be done. With only 13 days left and 39k to raise, you need to average 2.5k/day or thereabouts - and I've had your Kickstarter page open in a chrome tab for 2 weeks or so now, and I'm not entirely sure you're getting that much consistently.

Now I really, REALLY want to play this game someday, and there's not a lot of margin for error here... so I'm hoping you have some PR tricks up your sleeves.

I'm nervous for ya, I guess. You got a ton of money in a short burst but now things are really tapering off, it seems. :( Crossing my fingers that the next two weeks will net you some more exposure and monies.

Cheetah
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Cheetah » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:26 am

Hey James and discord games team. The stretch goals are now up on kickstarter, but as a backer I got no notification of this update. I think you need to do a full update to bring attention to this. Unless I somehow missed that in a previous post/update.

WiiUchasm

Post by WiiUchasm » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:48 am

yeah i did not get a notification about the goals, and there was no tweet about either