Post by KevinS » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:07 pm

Just noticed that the Kickstarter is trending towards over $400,000! :shock:

James
Developer
Developer

Re: Kickstarter

Post by James » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:22 pm

ShadowTiger wrote:
Edit: I've thought about having even earlier access, but was kinda concerned about it being leaked and people thinking it was finished product. Really bothers me not to have control over those type of things >< I'll keep thinking about it though.
How 'bout a splash screen before reaching the main menu that announces that it's a backer-only alpha/beta, and is incomplete? Even a tiny little logo on the corner of every screen that it's an alpha. Because games that make you log-in are needlessly complex, generally, and force more work on the Devs than necessary.
Yea, definitely not adding DRM or any of that kind of shit to it! I guess I'll think about it and see what makes sense. The final game will be more story driven, which will make it a bit harder to have playable versions when the scripting is being heavily worked on. That kinda stuff works much better for something like Minecraft.

gruevy
Supporter
Supporter

Post by gruevy » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:37 pm

I just pledged and I was wondering... just how early is 'early access' :)

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:31 pm

It'll be at least a couple months before launch. Once things are stable and mostly together we'll be shipping it out to people ;)

demman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by demman » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:41 pm

discordgames wrote:It'll be at least a couple months before launch. Once things are stable and mostly together we'll be shipping it out to people ;)
Just want to say, for me when I go onto the discover projects tab, a certain game is in the popular section. Awesome job!

gruevy
Supporter
Supporter

Post by gruevy » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:42 pm

discordgames wrote:It'll be at least a couple months before launch. Once things are stable and mostly together we'll be shipping it out to people ;)
That demo is like having a beautiful naked lady walk into my living room, show me that she's holding a large chocolate cake behind her back, wink at me coyly, then leave. You can't just cut things off there! ;)

poe
Supporter
Supporter

Post by poe » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:58 pm

gruevy wrote:
That demo is like having a beautiful naked lady walk into my living room, show me that she's holding a large chocolate cake behind her back, wink at me coyly, then leave. You can't just cut things off there! ;)
:lol:

ThaPlague
Supporter
Supporter

Post by ThaPlague » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:57 am

gruevy wrote:
I felt the same way then she turned into a gnarling monster and I went back to the title screen to start it all over again. ;)

Kinji
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Kinji » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:19 pm

discordgames wrote:
ShadowTiger wrote:
Edit: I've thought about having even earlier access, but was kinda concerned about it being leaked and people thinking it was finished product. Really bothers me not to have control over those type of things >< I'll keep thinking about it though.
How 'bout a splash screen before reaching the main menu that announces that it's a backer-only alpha/beta, and is incomplete? Even a tiny little logo on the corner of every screen that it's an alpha. Because games that make you log-in are needlessly complex, generally, and force more work on the Devs than necessary.
Yea, definitely not adding DRM or any of that kind of shit to it! I guess I'll think about it and see what makes sense. The final game will be more story driven, which will make it a bit harder to have playable versions when the scripting is being heavily worked on. That kinda stuff works much better for something like Minecraft.
If greenlit early enough on Steam, have you thought about taking advantage of steams early access program? Send early access keys out to backers, and also possibly list the game for early pre-orders. Steam's about the only DRM that most people are OK with. The only problem I see will be those who backed for early access who don't want Steam.

KevinS

Post by KevinS » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:17 pm

It's amazing that you're 33% funded in 4 days. :D