Bug: Seeds not working

General discussion about Chasm.
DCaps
Supporter
Supporter

Bug: Seeds not working

Post by DCaps » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:32 am

First of all, I would like to say I am incredibly impressed with the pre-alpha. So far I have played/tested 10 hours (It's my day off, and I was excited), and so far the biggest bug I have encountered is that some seeds just flat out do not allow you to progress.

For example, in seed 5FF9D9F7, the Catacombs don't seem to exist. I have explored every map to its fullest extent possible in this seed and can't seem to find a way to progress further. This has been the case with several seeds I have tried, whereas I have been able to progress in others. If possible, please check it out and tell me if it's just me, or if it really is a bug.

Screenshot of the map for seed 5FF9D9F7

Keep up the good work, devs!
PS- Not sure if this was the right place to report a bug, let me know if it isn't.

James
Developer
Developer

Re: Bug: Seeds not working

Post by James » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:04 am

Hey DCaps, will check it out! We do have an actual bug report forum here: http://discordgames.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=253

gelisam
Supporter
Supporter

Post by gelisam » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:45 pm

There is a way to view a map?? Wow, this would have been handy.

Nemomon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Nemomon » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:07 pm

gelisam wrote:
There is a way to view a map?? Wow, this would have been handy.
Yeah, press Tab key.
Seems like all seeds stopped working with this new build. I tried Your seed, and got a completely different map.

gelisam
Supporter
Supporter

Post by gelisam » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:15 am

Seems like all seeds stopped working with this new build. I tried Your seed, and got a completely different map
I would have been surprised if they worked across builds. It's clearly the seed for a random-number-generator, so any slight change in the dungeon-generation code would completely change the order in which the random numbers are used, leading to completely different code paths and a completely different dungeon.