you guys NAILED IT!!!!

General discussion about Chasm.
Tanash
Supporter
Supporter

Re: you guys NAILED IT!!!!

Post by Tanash » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:38 am

I'm loving the early access of Chasm, you have done a great job, currently working my way through the catacombs and yea...the game plays nice! Can't wait to see the rest.

On a side note, I do believe I ran into the same issue Jonny-O did with the campfire and softlocking the game just earlier, had to Alt+F4 out of it because nothing was working.

Again, well done!

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:09 am

We pushed out an update last night that should have fixed that issue. Please let me know if you restart Steam and update if you still encounter it.

t-ray
Supporter
Supporter

Post by t-ray » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:15 pm

I didn't play it much last night, but I absolutely loved what I did play.

A year and a half ago, I contributed to the kickstarter for three reasons: 1) to support indie development, 2) to support more metroidvania type games, and 3) to support linux development. I didn't play the demo until after I had contributed to kickstarter, and I was a little worried at first. I know it was a very early build, but I had all kinds of problems getting my logitech controller to work (I'm sure there's a thread about that somewhere on this forum).

So although I was very excited to play the game last night, I really didn't want to have to wade my way through nixcraft to get the controller to work again (this is a different machine, and I didn't write anything down). I was *so* thankful when it "just worked". I put a lot of stock into stuff "just working", so my hat is off to you guys.

This is perhaps my biggest compliment. I've been a professional programmer for near two decades. In all that time I've never done any video game development despite considering it frequently. If I ever did give it a try, my only hope would be that it would approach this kind of quality, polish, and fun.

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:30 pm

Wow, thanks t-ray, I really appreciate that :) We've put more effort into this than we could have ever possibly imagined, but hopefully the final product will speak for itself. Hope you're enjoying the Alpha!

elektriccobra
Supporter
Supporter

Post by elektriccobra » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:16 pm

t-ray you forgot to bring your supporter badge!

t-ray
Supporter
Supporter

Post by t-ray » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:42 pm

Sorry to go OT, but how do I acquire/set a badge?

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:45 pm

If you're a Humble preorder there's a link on your Chasm download page, if you're Kickstarter backer you just need to login here: http://discordgames.com/forums/groupadd.php