How can I play the Demo with a PS4 controller?

General discussion about Chasm.
Rothnihalias

How can I play the Demo with a PS4 controller?

Post by Rothnihalias » Wed May 21, 2014 11:42 pm

I've been trying to enjoy the demo on my laptop but I keep becoming frustrated with control schemes not working right or being uncomfortable. The only wired controller I have is from the PlayStation 4 but I need some kind of special driver (or something) to get it to work with Chasm's Xbox 360 controller functionality. I'm not really sure how to do this.

James
Developer
Developer

Re: How can I play the Demo with a PS4 controller?

Post by James » Wed May 21, 2014 11:57 pm

Yea, sorry about that. The release version will DEFINITELY include native PS4 controller support as its included in SDL2 (hardware level framework used in XNA alternative "FNA").

I got it working with my PS4 controller right now though by using a free utility. PC Gamer did a post about it here: http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/11/18/ps4-d ... e-it-work/

You just plugin the controller with USB, then run that program before starting a game and it will emulate a 360 controller for you. I tried it with Chasm as well as the newest Tomb Raider game, and it worked great. It's just kind of annoying you have to make sure the program is running all the time before starting a game.

Rothnihalias

Re: How can I play the Demo with a PS4 controller?

Post by Rothnihalias » Thu May 22, 2014 1:45 am

James wrote:Yea, sorry about that. The release version will DEFINITELY include native PS4 controller support as its included in SDL2 (hardware level framework used in XNA alternative "FNA").

I got it working with my PS4 controller right now though by using a free utility. PC Gamer did a post about it here: http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/11/18/ps4-d ... e-it-work/

You just plugin the controller with USB, then run that program before starting a game and it will emulate a 360 controller for you. I tried it with Chasm as well as the newest Tomb Raider game, and it worked great. It's just kind of annoying you have to make sure the program is running all the time before starting a game.
Aw thanks! Thank you very much! I didn't expect this soon of a response at all!