Those wanting additional challenge.

General discussion about Chasm.
Furrion

Those wanting additional challenge.

Post by Furrion » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:12 pm

For those looking for a little more challenge out of the demo provided for us to test, change the starting floor in the Config file. The lowest confirmed working one I've done so far is 7, don't try 10, it crashes the game, not sure about 8 or 9 yet though, 9 might possibly crash it since when you descend, you will be on 10.

Outside of that, great job so far, I wrote an initial review for ya and sent it in Discord, also played like 4 more playthroughs and sent in a much more thorough one in terms of suggestions and stuff. Hopefully you read through it!

I would happily pay for this game already, in it's current state and can't wait to see what else you do with it.

James
Developer
Developer

Re: Those wanting additional challenge.

Post by James » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:46 pm

Haha, good find :D

Was waiting to see if anybody went tinkering with things :P The reason it blows up if you go too high is because it lays out more rooms on the map than the default 50x50 grid can hold.

Also, I've read every single piece of feedback and compiled an absolutely massive list of changes. You will see when I send out new build tonight ;)

Furrion

Post by Furrion » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:50 pm

I noticed when messing with it and going lower that the levels did get larger each time so that makes sense, will the 50x50 grid be max for final version as well or is it going to be larger still? Even at lvl 7/8 it was a fairly large map to fully discover.

poe
Supporter
Supporter

Post by poe » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:51 pm

Furrion wrote:I noticed when messing with it and going lower that the levels did get larger each time so that makes sense, will the 50x50 grid be max for final version as well or is it going to be larger still? Even at lvl 7/8 it was a fairly large map to fully discover.
Didn't realize you could start on lower levels until I saw your post. As a warning to others, starting on floor 7 won't work well since some of the later enemies are tough at level 1.

Furrion

Post by Furrion » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:54 pm

poe wrote:As a warning to others, starting on floor 7 won't work well since some of the later enemies are tough at level 1.
Haha, yeah, like I said, for those wanting more challenge, Kobolds at lvl 1 with stone knife are brutal, eyes can be if until you get used to how they work, same with the cave troll, lol. It makes it more fun for me right now :)

nameless_soul

Post by nameless_soul » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:28 pm

Wow, I would have LOVED to finish that boss fight, but damn, I just don't get tired of replaying this game. ♥

Linkshot
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Linkshot » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:06 am

discordgames wrote:You will see when I send out new build tonight ;)
Oh okay I didn't need to sleep anyway.

fawz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by fawz » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:47 pm

I had played around with some of the .ini files to modify some controls and video options but had missed the first floor entry. Thanks for the tip and I got to try some of the other floors and see some more interesting monsters :D

DarkLordSen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by DarkLordSen » Wed May 08, 2013 10:58 pm

I set firstfloor to 10 and am still running the game after several hours... I'm currently at floor 7... but I've gotten to floor 12 and have yet to crash... Guess I'm lucky 8-) PS.. Canary OP
Attachments
Chasm Canary OP.png
Chasm Canary OP.png (55 KiB) Viewed 8117 times

Cheetah
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Cheetah » Wed May 08, 2013 11:17 pm

Canary!! Did you find it in a chest or something?