Demo

General discussion about Chasm.
Ianuarius

Re: Demo

Post by Ianuarius » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:09 am

Trying to download the file Google Chrome says that it might be dangerous. Umm, I don't know what the hell is going on.

Taekon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Taekon » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:39 am

Ianuarius wrote:Trying to download the file Google Chrome says that it might be dangerous. Umm, I don't know what the hell is going on.
Just downloaded it, seems normal to me.

I've posted some questions on the Kickstarter page but I forgot one: the stats from the sacrificial altars seem to be temporary (I forgot whether it was only for the altar room or for the floor the altar is in), is this a bug or is it intentional?

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:42 am

The stats from the altar sacrifice are permanent. If you use shrines on the other hand, you'll get a temporary perk. Please let me know if this bug is reproducible. Thanks!

Taekon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Taekon » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:04 am

discordgames wrote:The stats from the altar sacrifice are permanent. If you use shrines on the other hand, you'll get a temporary perk. Please let me know if this bug is reproducible. Thanks!
I've been testing again in version 1.04 and 1.05 but can't seem to reproduce it. Thought it was a feature so I let it pass and never checked my stats for any sacrifices after that. It happened when I sac'd a Scroll of Reveal in 1.04, gave me a +1 INT and lost it some time after. Now it doesn't seem to give me any stats in either versions.

dafzuka
Supporter
Supporter

Post by dafzuka » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:19 pm

Nice work guys! I backed the project on Kickstarter last week and checked out the demo tonight. I'm super excited for this game. Here's some feedback:

Will there be some weapons that strike downwards a little more? It's pretty tough to hit enemies on lower ground than you which is an issue because of all the little slopes in the terrain. I get why the knife has a limited hit zone, but I wish the swords would have a larger arc to help with this.

I can dig the old school megaman-esque "fly backwards when hit mid-air", but please please please add some amount of mid-air recovery. Even if it's just getting the ability to swing your weapon. Being paralyzed until you hit the ground makes it way too hard to beat enemies like bats. Lots of games have a "batstard". Yours definitely does :P

If you could streamline the "drop item" process by a key press or two, it would be helpful. Even in the 3 demo floors I had to drop extra equipment a number of times and having to hit drop, confirm drop and then back out of that type of equipment is a bit much.

Adding a dedicated key to energy replenishing items would be helpful. Maybe even just being able to map a specific food/potion would be helpful in the heat of a fight.

Hopefully some of these thoughts are helpful. I'll keep following closely! Keep up the great work.

Cheetah
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Cheetah » Thu May 16, 2013 1:15 pm

Great to see a 1.6 demo update, sad to see that it is the last for a long while.

You didn't put it in the update list, which was probably a good decision, but I'm happy to see that Time Trial now does Skip Intro by default. Very awesome and much easier to make it consistently competitive. Great work Discord Team.

gruevy
Supporter
Supporter

Post by gruevy » Fri May 17, 2013 4:53 pm

I can't seem to find the changelist for the 1.06 demo. Can I see that anywhere?

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Fri May 17, 2013 6:04 pm

It's on the main page: http://discordgames.com/?p=2899

gruevy
Supporter
Supporter

Post by gruevy » Sun May 19, 2013 1:13 am

Danke!

Eion Kilant 739

Post by Eion Kilant 739 » Sun May 19, 2013 10:05 pm

The Demo was great, though it looses it's replay value after you've done everything several times.

I will certainly be buying the final product, perhaps pre-ordering too.
Attachments
Fists are OP
Fists are OP
Fists are OP.png (48.63 KiB) Viewed 6514 times