Demo

General discussion about Chasm.
ThaPlague
Supporter
Supporter

Demo

Post by ThaPlague » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:29 pm

First off this game is awesome and I have high hopes for it. You were right about having fun playing this game. The first playthrough was with my keyboard and I wasn't having much fun. Second playthrough was with a controller and it made a huge difference. It is a must for this game and I should have figured that out. :roll: The game does slow down occasionally but not a big deal. I love the random dungeons on each playthrough. Great job, you have more than earned my money and this is just the demo, a very polished demo. :D

James
Developer
Developer

Re: Demo

Post by James » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:38 pm

Thanks man! We've gotten great feedback so far, so I'm very excited! It's kinda weird working on something for months and losing all perspective of whether its really good or not :D

I do need to work on the keyboard controls a bit, but the gamepad is priority right now for GDC.

demman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by demman » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:45 pm

discordgames wrote:Thanks man! We've gotten great feedback so far, so I'm very excited! It's kinda weird working on something for months and losing all perspective of whether its really good or not :D

I do need to work on the keyboard controls a bit, but the gamepad is priority right now for GDC.
Darn, that's something I forgot to talk about in my feedback I sent. Probably the one thing I forgot. I played with a gamepad, so it was fine when I sent feedback. When I went to fool around without the gamepad, the controls were rather tough. It might be because I usually play games and use z and x, not a and s, so that may be the problem for me. Anyways, the rest was went very well for me.

ThaPlague
Supporter
Supporter

Post by ThaPlague » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:26 am

discordgames wrote:Thanks man! We've gotten great feedback so far, so I'm very excited! It's kinda weird working on something for months and losing all perspective of whether its really good or not :D

I think you should be proud of your work. For most, if not all, indie developers I think the movie "Indie game" sums it up. It is a great game and i wish you much success at GDC.

m0o3

Post by m0o3 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:56 pm

discordgames wrote:I do need to work on the keyboard controls a bit, but the gamepad is priority right now for GDC.
Keyboard controls ? they are fine for me(i had no problems at all) , I dont know why do you want work on them :o

poe
Supporter
Supporter

Post by poe » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:15 pm

m0o3 wrote:
discordgames wrote:I do need to work on the keyboard controls a bit, but the gamepad is priority right now for GDC.
Keyboard controls ? they are fine for me(i had no problems at all) , I dont know why do you want work on them :o
He's a perfectionist ;)

Linkshot
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Linkshot » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:05 am

Cave Story / La-Mulana / Spelunky / Copy Kitty use Arrow Keys + ZXC primarily. It was a bit odd to adjust to Arrow + ASD, I'll mention.

ThaPlague
Supporter
Supporter

Post by ThaPlague » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:21 am

Wow the update was quick. :o The gold from enemies was a nice upgrade. I also like how you changed the lizards; If you attack fast enough they don't get a chance to fight back. Is the altar going to be a save point? I found a bandanna that had blue text but noticed it wasn't different stat wise. Will these items will have random properties? It would be cool to have rare drops from enemies (you are probably planning this though). Its a very fun game and I am sad every time I reach the end. It is easy for me to lose track of time on each play through because I want to keep exploring. :cry:

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:04 am

Yep! The unique stuff does have increased random stats now (str, int, lck, con, or def), so you may have not noticed. Right now there's no extra status effects on EQ, but I will be adding that eventually.

The altar is also related to items, and usable, but I figured I'd let people figure out how it works :P

ThaPlague
Supporter
Supporter

Post by ThaPlague » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:05 pm

Well after you said something I figured the altar out. Its a nice touch. :) As you level up should your Book of Blades do more damage? I am excited about your Kickstarter and you already have my money as soon as it is up. Come on Greenlight.