So now what?

General discussion about Chasm.
gruevy
Supporter
Supporter

So now what?

Post by gruevy » Fri May 24, 2013 10:29 am

Congrats on the successful Kickstarter, in case I haven't said elsewhere.

You've got our money. Now what? :) Can we get some info about timelines, goals, etc? Screenshots from time to time? It seems like we haven't heard much from you about what you're working on since the Kickstarter finished. Let's see what you're up to!

Marcel
Supporter
Supporter

Re: So now what?

Post by Marcel » Fri May 24, 2013 1:56 pm

It's like a horde of zombies ran over this forum haha.

I guess the next step will be preparing the access to the developer forum :)
Soon, there will be a cool link for Chasm translations here...hopefully :P

Zaxoth
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Zaxoth » Sat May 25, 2013 7:51 pm

Personally, I'd rather they focus on making the game and doing it well than dividing their focus to put forth an early timetable that will undoubtedly be changed as time passes.

After all, the setting of a deadline means that they'll have to rush at some point to meet it. I'd rather they take their time and do it well.

But it would be nice if they had some way for us to monitor the progress of the additional stretch goals post-kickstarter.

ShadowTiger
Supporter
Supporter

Post by ShadowTiger » Sun May 26, 2013 10:23 am

The Developer of Limit Theory, Josh Parnell, has a nightly dev log that he records his daily progress in. I don't think he's missed one yet. It's an extremely useful way to keep in touch with the userbase, and undoubtedly shows your devotion to the game.

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Mon May 27, 2013 6:08 pm

We've been recovering, planning production, working on our tools, and ordering necessary equipment, software, and Kickstarter physical items for the past couple weeks. Not too much to report right now as not much of it directly ties to production of the game. We'll probably start regular development updates around the beginning of July.

We had to wait until Kickstarter's 2 week grace period was over to do the private forum stuff and send out surveys for t-shirts and all that. You should hopefully be getting the surveys here in the next couple days.

Also, I doubt we'll do daily updates. Weekly makes a bit more sense to me. It's definitely a time sink to do that stuff, which is one reason why I'm cutting off the Tigsource, Tumblr, etc. So I'm thinking we'll probably do a monthly backer-only Kickstarter update, and weekly private forum updates (or more often if individual team members wish to post the stuff they're working on). We're also planning on doing public updates every few months or so with more polished stuff.

gruevy
Supporter
Supporter

Post by gruevy » Mon May 27, 2013 11:06 pm

Sounds good! Looking forward to it.

Cheetah
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Cheetah » Tue May 28, 2013 10:00 pm

Sad to hear that the updates will be less frequent, productivity is more important in the long run though. I suppose I will have to obsess about something else for a time. Keep up the great work.