Chasm Translator

Unofficial fan translations, mods, etc.
eleriaqueen
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Chasm Translator

Post by eleriaqueen » Wed May 08, 2013 5:21 am

Hello I'm french and I've studied English Literature at University which is why ...
=>I'm working on a French Translation for the demo, only thing left is the Strings database.

@DiscordGames
I wanted to know if these were bugs :

ring_strength Ring of Strength A ring that embues strength.

Isn't it rather "A ring imbued in strength" ?

Same for ring_intelligence

Also for necklace_gold there's a typo :
A necklace wtih a gold pendant.
Last edited by eleriaqueen on Wed May 08, 2013 5:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Wed May 08, 2013 5:28 am

eleriaqueen wrote:I'm working on a French Translation for the demo, only thing left is the Strings database.

Oh and I wanted to know if this was a bug :

ring_strength Ring of Strength A ring that embues strength.

Isn't it rather "A ring imbued in strength" ?

Same for ring_intelligence

Also for necklace_gold there's a typo :
A necklace wtih a gold pendant.
Yea, both look like bugs/mistakes :D Please feel free to correct in your translation. Thanks for your help!

Geko
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Geko » Wed May 08, 2013 9:30 am

Small problem. I can't use ALT + s to make š because that opens the save tab. Had to copy-paste that in.

Marcel
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Marcel » Wed May 08, 2013 11:49 am

Geko wrote:Small problem. I can't use ALT + s to make š because that opens the save tab. Had to copy-paste that in.
Hi, Geko

after the first start of the tool, it will create a file in the same directory named "settings.ct"...there you can change the Shortcuts :)

Just open it with a texteditor (Notepad, Notepad++, etc..)

EDIT:
Btw.: There was a stupid bug in my script, that kept you from uploading files. Fixed it!
Soon, there will be a cool link for Chasm translations here...hopefully :P

eleriaqueen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by eleriaqueen » Wed May 08, 2013 3:53 pm

I just uploaded my 1.0 French translation to your website Marcel, hope I did it right ~ :3

Marcel
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Marcel » Wed May 08, 2013 3:57 pm

Wow thanks :)

Looks good. If you want to test it: Try my new Chasm Launcher (see my Signature). Your language should appear inside the launcher and install successfully :)

Great work!

eleriaqueen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by eleriaqueen » Wed May 08, 2013 4:20 pm

Not sure if I'll be able to test it (haven't had the time to play much of the game either but hey the little I've played felt great!).

On one hand I'm hoping DiscordGames will keep things just as easy to translate in the final product but... On the other hand, some people could cheat by for instance doing screenshots of his/her inventory with uber rare item they wouldn't have because they edited the databases :(

A good encryption would prevent noobs from editing everything, while keeping it easy enough to reverse so Marcel can share his Translation Tool to select few who would do the translations.

Marcel
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Marcel » Wed May 08, 2013 4:30 pm

Try an IL DASM on my tools...they should do that too I guess.

But the effort to encrypt all the files is useless. Best scenario:
1. Obfuscate .NET binaries
2. Use XNA built in Encryption
3. Write own ContentTypeWriters for EVERYTHING

This is something that needs some weeks to accomplish maybe (Until it works as intended).

But still then: Even with obfuscated assemblies, some freaks still are able to find the ContentTypeReader,
re-engineer it and bypass the XNA standard encryption. C# and Java are not good for keeping things safe.

C++ with OpenGL/DirectX would be an whole other story.

But even then, there are tools to manipulate the Programm Memory (think about Action Replay Codes for SNES...this still works for modern games). And Win32Dasm is the last hope haha.
And Savegame Editors are no real problem either.

Nothing is 100% secure :/ Especially if the game is really famous. There are a lot of tools for Diablo 2 to edit savegames. Only thing that could prevent this would be some kind of online mode with item control...but Chasm is single player...

Edit:
And yeah manipulating the text files (.XNB) took me some days until it worked hehe. It's all just a matter of time.
So why waste the time for encrypting stuff anyway?! :/

eleriaqueen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by eleriaqueen » Wed May 08, 2013 5:11 pm

@DiscordGames
I don't know if you caught it already but I found a new typo in items.xnb, for the item "head_bone" => "fasioned from bones" should read "fashioned" instead.

It didn't change anything to my French translation, which by the way hit V1.1 already ~ (will update attachment in original post asap)
(a few better translated words and ~6 mistakes using "a" instead of "à", I type too fast wooosh!)

@Marcel
Unless something happens (like I get hit by a bus or I somehow lose interest in this game, which is VERY unlikely) I'll be there to do a translation as soon as you support the Beta / Release files in your translation program.
And it'll finally be a real challenge, because translating this demo was done in less than 3 hours if you put all 5-10 min stretches together. Using the dictionnaries when necessary ofcourse.

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Thu May 09, 2013 12:27 am

eleriaqueen wrote:@DiscordGames
I don't know if you caught it already but I found a new typo in items.xnb, for the item "head_bone" => "fasioned from bones" should read "fashioned" instead.
Thanks! I've taken note of these typos and will correct them for the last update. I should have time to get to it next week finally after the Kickstarter is over!