Unofficial fan translations, mods, etc.
James
Developer
Developer

Official Wiki

Post by James » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:11 pm

We now have an official wiki!

http://chasm.gamepedia.com/Chasm_Wiki

I know we're still early in development and not a whole lot of details have been released yet, but it is up and ready to be edited nevertheless. For those of you with Developer forum access, we kindly ask you to please refrain from posting "insider" stuff until after the Alpha testing starts since things are subject to drastically change until then. Anything we've publicly released or mentioned at some point is of course fair game ;)

Rothnihalias

Re: Official Wiki

Post by Rothnihalias » Wed May 21, 2014 11:34 pm

I understand that this is great because Discord Games won't have to worry about hosting data and supporting lots of traffic, but I preferred the black and white contrast of the original wiki. For anyone who has a Curse account or doesn't mind getting their IP logged you can copy over anything from the existing wiki by viewing the source of a page and then copying it over to a new page on the official wiki.
http://discordgames.com/Games/Chasm/Wiki/index.php?title=Armor&action=edit

Remember that outdated information doesn't need to get wiped out completely. Changes between the demo and the final version should be left in under the "Trivia" heading.
Last edited by Rothnihalias on Thu May 22, 2014 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Wed May 21, 2014 11:55 pm

We can probably tweak up the Curse page if its too much of an eyesore. They needed some assets to launch it so i just sent them some stuff. I think I can claim the wiki though to modify things.

Alianin

Post by Alianin » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:23 pm

Hi guys! I'm the new Gamepedia Wiki Manager for Chasm. I've gone ahead and given the wiki and front page a facelift. If there's changes you guys would like to see, let me know and I can work them in. I've started copying over the content of the old wiki. Anyone that has access to game assets and information and is free to post the information (is there a NDA for the alpha testers?), go for it! Or get it to me and I can get it up on the wiki. I look forward to the launch of the game this summer and getting some play time in. I was impressed with what I saw doing research. :D

If anyone has any comments, questions, suggestions, or just wants to chat, you can contact me here or over on the wiki on my talk page.
Wiki Manager of the official Chasm Wiki on Gamepedia

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:49 pm

Alianin wrote:Hi guys! I'm the new Gamepedia Wiki Manager for Chasm. I've gone ahead and given the wiki and front page a facelift. If there's changes you guys would like to see, let me know and I can work them in. I've started copying over the content of the old wiki. Anyone that has access to game assets and information and is free to post the information (is there a NDA for the alpha testers?), go for it! Or get it to me and I can get it up on the wiki. I look forward to the launch of the game this summer and getting some play time in. I was impressed with what I saw doing research. :D

If anyone has any comments, questions, suggestions, or just wants to chat, you can contact me here or over on the wiki on my talk page.
Nice! Looking much better, thanks a bunch for your help :)

Everything that's in the Alpha we released is fair game, but stuff we talk about privately in the "backers section" of the forum is not.

Tuxedodin
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Tuxedodin » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:13 pm

For the last couple of days now I've been working on, and tried to fill out a bit on the wiki, and I was wondering whether or not there are official names for any of the enemies in the game apart from the bosses? As currently even though there is no problem naming the bats, bats, the "undead chargers" of the Catacombs become a bit more troubling. :?
Still looking for the holy defense calculation algorithm...

James
Developer
Developer

Post by James » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:59 am

Tuxedodin wrote:For the last couple of days now I've been working on, and tried to fill out a bit on the wiki, and I was wondering whether or not there are official names for any of the enemies in the game apart from the bosses? As currently even though there is no problem naming the bats, bats, the "undead chargers" of the Catacombs become a bit more troubling. :?
Awesome! We do have "official" names, but I can't guarantee all these are final. For instance, the catepillars are the little crawling things around platforms, and their visual design changed along the way but we never renamed them. Now that they're in every area I'm sure we'll come up with a new name. Hopefully you can figure out the rest.

Mines
Catepillar
Glow Worm
Dire Rat
Bat
Spear Kobold
Kobold
Knife Troll
Drill Troll
Stone Troll
Pickax Troll
Ice Slime