Wiki Improvement Thread (?)

Unofficial fan translations, mods, etc.
Eion Kilant 739

Wiki Improvement Thread (?)

Post by Eion Kilant 739 » Sat May 18, 2013 9:38 pm

So this might be a good place to put a thread about editing the wiki, as it could really use contributions and additions.

My current concerns:
  • Standardization
    Information
    Page Linking
    Page Creation

Standardization: I've been using "G###" to help signify the cost of items. I also arranged the Weapons page to have a list highly similar to the Armor page.

If anyone can help, please just make sure to preview your edits first.

[quick-access wiki changes link]
Last edited by Eion Kilant 739 on Sun May 19, 2013 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Marcel
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Wiki Improvement Thread (?)

Post by Marcel » Sat May 18, 2013 9:58 pm

I could provide some damage infos for each weapon, but I guess Discord Games has to agree first, because that are data not normally visible to users hehe
Soon, there will be a cool link for Chasm translations here...hopefully :P

Tuxedodin
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Tuxedodin » Sun May 19, 2013 8:05 am

Well I went ahead and added some info on the weapon damages anyway, and it's nice to see some more people contributing to the wiki as well, and I love what you did with the value of the items. :D But I guess I might want to add some concerns of my own as well that you haven't already pointed out.

My current concerns:
  • Lack of pictures
    Scarce articles
    A more neat way of showing item stats
    Organized contributing
You did kind of already say "information", but it was so important that I had to list it once more, and some changelogs would've been awesome as well, and I guess organized contributing won't be all that important until we actually gain a couple of more contributors. :D
Still looking for the holy defense calculation algorithm...

Geko
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Geko » Sun May 19, 2013 12:49 pm

I'll probably help when Chasm actually releases. Right now everything is subject to change and nothing is certain. In a year the wiki might have to be changed completely because of this.

Eion Kilant 739

Post by Eion Kilant 739 » Sun May 19, 2013 4:06 pm

Geko wrote:I'll probably help when Chasm actually releases. Right now everything is subject to change and nothing is certain. In a year the wiki might have to be changed completely because of this.
Yeah... I figure that will undoubtedly be the case. We will, however, have plenty for trivia sections and already have the basic layout down though. It's why I have not bothered to get pictures of the various things within the game, such as the rusty sword or altar.

poe
Supporter
Supporter

Post by poe » Tue May 28, 2013 10:34 pm

Let me know what you guys want with the wiki and I'll make it happen.

Eion Kilant 739

Post by Eion Kilant 739 » Wed May 29, 2013 8:40 pm

poe wrote:Let me know what you guys want with the wiki and I'll make it happen.

Well you might want to put up some sort of Chasm logo when you've decided on one. Currently it displays this: